Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Black Thumb



Today when I brought my son to school I saw that I finally had roses on my rose bush!! I was so excited. Now some people might wonder why....you see, I have very bad luck with growing things. I have attention deficit disorder and tend to forget to do things such as water them, tend to them, remember that I have them. Not to mention there have been mishaps like my husband over fertilizing the garden we tried a few years ago and then forgetting to turn off the sprinkler and drowning the last remaining survivors.

So this year, well last week, we started another garden. Jason did a lot of work tilling up the dirt and putting up a hot wire fence around it so that the goats and our pony don't get at it. I hope it works since he has already left the sprinkler going on it for an entire day last Saturday.

Wait!! Who can't grow things?? hehe. I have been sabotaged! Just kidding.

Another example of my black thumb; I killed a bamboo plant. Yes, you know those plants where they just sit in water, so you just need to keep WATER in the bowl?? DEAD. I have killed a cactus or should I say cacti?

Needless to say I REALLY want to succeed. It could be because of the fact that a brand new PLANT NURSERY has moved in across the Highway from us and it looks so pretty!

ANYWAY....wish me luck.

No comments: